Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Five W's and How?

I started ice skating when I was 8 years old. I always loved watching the Olympics when I was younger winter Olympics of course the ice skaters were so elegant and beautiful. I was so amazed of what they could do. So my mom took my friend and I down to the Bremerton ice arena one day just for fun and I fell in love with the ice. I was a natural I mean yes I fell and had no clue what I was doing but my balance was pretty good out there for the first time and I was dying to learn. Mind you I didn't play any other sports at the time yes I was also an out door kid but I hadn't gotten into a sport yet so I thought this would be perfect. I started with taking group lessons with all the other little kids that were hoping to do the same thing I wanted to do but it wasn't enough I wanted one on one lessons I was catching on faster than everyone in the group and I was tired of waiting around for the others I wanted more out of my lessons. Brenda was my very first coach. What an amazing lady she taught me so much I was having lessons probably twice a week and practicing 3 or 4 times a week. Which then moved to practicing six times a week waking up at 5 in the morning to skate before school and going after school. I was so tired and dedicated honestly I couldn't imagine doing that now. I skated from age 8 to 14. I learned so much from doing it not just how to skate but in that six years of my life it really helped form me into who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment