Wednesday, April 16, 2014

My favorite educational narrative

I would have to say after reading all the examples assigned for our educational narrative essay my favorite would have to be Cate Huston's "how I learned to love traveling solo". I did enjoy the others and I got a different message and learned something new from each one. I pick Huston's because it is the one I could connect to the most, the one that stood out to me the most. I honestly would have preferred if it was in the format of an autobiography just so I could have learned more about her adventures and all the places she has traveled because there is always so much more detail put into an autobiography but I still chose hers. Her narrative really taught me what an educational life lesson was and was such an inspiration to me. Knowing she is only three years older than me but has been able to do all of that made me realize all the traveling I hope to accomplish someday is possible I just have to make a plan to do it and I don't have to wait around for someone to travel with me I can do all the things I want to do in my life on my own. Yes I hope to experience them with others but if not it is not the end of the world. When Huston talks about being someone who likes to spend time with people but needs her own time that's the way I am to I always need my own space especially when I feel like accomplishing something or getting something important done. She gives and example of a feeling she had while she was alone in Hong Kong she states "I felt very peaceful, and just acknowledged it as the kind of moment that I get while traveling solo, but not when travelling with others. I felt relaxed and free to just do whatever the hell appealed to me at that moment." I hope someday when I travel I have a moment like that not the same one but just a special moment that I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment