Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Books vs Blogs
I have always known there was a difference between a book and a blog but after having the opportunity to read multiple examples of educational narratives in the form of a blog compared to the format of a print book I have a clear understanding where the line is and what the true difference is. One is not better than the other or a better example I would say it is just a preference in what the readers get out of them. Their style is set up completely opposite. A blog is meant to be short and granted having enough detail in it to complete their story but it is supposed to be an easy read and catchy for example Cate Huston's blog was an amazing educational narrative but it was short and was set up as a step by step on how she learned to love traveling solo. There was enough detail to get her point across but that's all she was trying to do she didn't go in to full detail of all her adventures or a specific one which she might have done if she was writing a book per say. I can say though that if Cate Huston did write a book on her traveling experiences I would read it. Even though a blog post is short and to the point I wouldn't call it the easy way to write a narrative because you don't have a whole book to tell your story you have a single blog post and it has to be entertaining enough to get your audiences attention and be enjoyable to read at the same time. Writing a book on the other hand has to be in detail there has to be good imagery there has to be a full story in there it can take an author years and years to finish a book and get it published therefor it needs to be good and people should want to read their story and buy that book. Like I said one isn't better than the other they are both equally important and by reading multiple examples of each it they certainly helped me get a good idea on how to put my narrative essay together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment